Saturday, July 17, 2010

Burlesque Costume


I wasn’t going to post this until tomorrow but I am too excited I can’t hold back! Over the last few weeks I have been making a costume for a local burlesque dancer to wear in the West Australia heat of the Miss Burlesque Australia contest that will be held in Fremantle tomorrow.




I made her a 1960s styled night gown with matching bed coat in pail pink, pink frilly nickers, satin g-string (encrusted with sequins) and fluffy pink powder puff pasties with little pink bows. As well as covering a strapless bra to match.

These photos were taken a few days ago so the g-string was only half sequinned, the ribbons were still raw and I hadn’t even covered the bra at that stage but I am hoping to get more photos of it all complete and being worn by the amazing dancer herself very soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hey HOney,

    In my opinion, nothing, absaloutly nothing beats pink knickers !

    I was just wondering if you might like to be one of my 'Living Dolls" - I profile a beautiful vintage loving woman each month and I wondered if you might like to be one of 'the girls' at some stage? If you are interested, I can email you the profile questionair..... just let me know what you think (and the email address to end the questionair to !)!!

    Hope to hear from you soon

    Much love

    Kesenya at Alice Jean's

    www.alicejeans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete